(Quoted from Josh Ellsworth, Zach Ellsworth, and Printwear Magazine. Full article here.)
The process to create a foil print using a vinyl cutter and heat press is simple.
- Cut a graphic from an HTV adhesive roll in a mirror image.
- Weed away the unwanted components from the graphic.
- Flip the graphic over, adhesive side down.
- Heat apply to your fabric item of choice, removing the carrier when complete.
- Heat apply a foil overlay sheet on top of the adhesive in the desired foil color.
In concept and practice, the process is straightforward. However, just like screen printing foil, there are steps to ensure top-notch efficiency and quality.
Click here to read the full article